Goodbye from the other side

The wails were getting louder
it was all faint at first
Actually..there was pin-drop silence
Even my thoughts couldn't get a word in
But now I could hear the wails
I could imagine the tears running down their cheeks as they lay over me
They subdued the sound of the downpour
I'm fully aware of what has happened
But I'm in denial and still attempt to wake up
And scream..I'm okay ..I'm okay
But I cant move.

Paralyzed, I went into my thoughts
Thats when things changed
I felt that disconnect and suddenly it was like I was being lifted.
I was being lifted.
Looking down I could see what I imagined
I could see myself
I could see that there was no going back

My thoughts ran as my spirit neared the clouds
Why so soon
I haven't had kids yet
I havent gotten married yet
I'll miss my mom and dad
My siblings..
My friends...
They cry, but I cant shed a tear
I cant lean on the next available shoulder
I cant sob into an embrace
I can only watch it all fade away

My existence growing thin
Fading away like a distant memory
My heart says perhaps I will wake up from this
But what if I don’t
Then it hit me
Everything i know is behind me
everything i dont, ahead of me.
All my emotions stripped from me
only fear was left for me.

Fear
Why only fear?
The human was stripped away
My emotions feel stripped away.
And with them, my memories
Memories of my past life
But fear remains
Why only fear?
The emotion of a new born baby
Plunging into the unknown
The cries , the screams , the flushing skin
Upon a new environment
Taken away by the embrace of love
It was the reverse
I was feeling the reverse

I hear their words
The prayers in the wind
As i ascend further into my unknown
My fear fades
For I remember where I am going
For I remember to whom I return to
Once a child, now a spirit
My fear is replaced with certainty
It is replaced with glory
Replaced with faith
My fears replaced with the Love of God
I am taken away by the embrace of love
My home. My peace. My answer to everything. 
Submission to the sovereign God  
I have no fear for I am with you.

Comments

  1. So I think the third stanza basically summarizes why we all dread the inevitable, "how will our loved ones feel when we're gone"? But the solace comes in the last part when you're sure of returning to an abode where there's no more sorrow, pain and tears

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Amen , very true, as children of God, we are all returning to an abode where there's no more sorrow, pain and tears , love that

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts