What do I see

You're smiling at me , eyes glistening

unaware at the transparency of your eagerness 

why do you seek for me to return your smile?

you're my counterfeit 

evidently uncomfortable

but you want them happy don't you?

so how I feel shouldn't matter to you 


 The times we spent reflecting,

practicing our words,

finding what makes us beam,

doesn't matter to you.

I had left you a long time ago

hoping you would find your way back

and when you do

you look at me again

you make me feel loved

but I realize now that your love masks your hurt

they did not accept you

so you cannot accept you


 I give myself to you

in return, graciously gifted with unkind words

obviously disgruntled

asking why I am the way that I am

you poke at me , grab me, pull me

attempt to mould me

and I stare back at you unchanged

undaunted

unapologetic

defiant


I want you to see what I see

that this is not me

and your modifications don't guarantee

that their promises would be

what would make you happy

genuinely 



Comments

Popular Posts