Loving someone is a dangerous thing

People always say why do you hold on to someone who clearly doesn't want to be held on to
But no one knows what you mean to me
I told you about all the boys before you
Who had broken me
And you put your finger on my face and wiped away my tears
Promising a better life
But you have hurt me way more than the others did

Don't tell me you love me
If you’re just going to leave me
Don't tell me you need me
When you easily just replace me
I'm tired of giving my heart away to the undeserving
Tired of hoping I would be enough
I don't want ditzy passionate romances
If the ending is going to tear me in half

I need to let these torturous thoughts go
Stop wondering about what ifs
And I wish I had's
Stop thinking about could have beens
And start living in now

Loving someone is a dangerous thing
It's giving them the license to affect you
It staying up late thinking how you could please them
It's time consuming and painful sometimes
Sometimes I think it might just be easier to stay away
Because if the ones who gave us life and are the on s supposed to love us the most
Are the ones that a lot of the hurt and bruise us?
Then where is the hope for loving anyone

Credit @ Chidinma chukwuma

Comments

  1. I'm glad you liked my piece. It's really special to me ❤️❤️❤️.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did, your blog is inspiring , please keep sharing ❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts