The love is real

You kiss so many frogs you become tired
“ Prince charming, show at my doorstep”
“ I’ve  had enough “ you say
Well my love,
you aren’t in control
you are however in control of how you present yourself
to the outside world
that maybe
just maybe
He might knock at your door
He might ring that bell
And scare away the frogs daring to leap.

I’ve never had someone who engaged the way you have
Someone who loves the scriptures and the signs of God the way you do
Someone who has many sides to himself that are a complete mirror of mine
Someone who ticked the boxes you did not even know could exist
A Gentleman
A Christian
A man that prays in spirit
A kind hearted soul
An honest individual
Someone i can easily trust
Be vulnerable with
Understand the humanity in
A gawddang fine specimen😂

I could be myself unapologetically around you
My insecurities usually made me overthink
about what the other person is thinking
A filter to my broken soul
One you see right through
Reaching deep for the pieces to be made whole
I find myself explaining my actions
a habit
A habit you kick day by day without realising it
It might feel too good to be true
But isn’t that how God can make one feel?
Isn’t God true?
Isn’t his love just that?
Blessings , actions, poured out love that makes you feel undeserving
But he holds you, enlightens you
that you are the most deserving of all that there is to give
His Unconditional love

He Sees you for who you were
He Sees you for who you can be
He Sees you for who you are
And loves you in all three.
I dont need a Prince Charming
Because the charm is make belief
And we are tired of the plot twists and the stories
For charms come at a price
But when God is involved
And you stay true to all that you are
The love is real.
And so shall lies saying otherwise demise.

Comments

Popular Posts