You and I : Owning my truth

 Its always been between you and I
you have told me countless times
countless times I brought in distractions to prove you wrong
countless times I proved ...me wrong.

so dependent
so expectant
so self deceiving
he can't make me fix whats between you and I
that's why I keep retrieving 

Disconnect
5 seconds connection
and then I'm off again
the worst is when I hear your words
and make people watching believe I am listening
or when I read your messages
and make them believe I'm passionate
Knowing exactly what to say
How to make them feel
to make it sound like there is a connection

But there isn't

I am deceiving myself
and I am deceiving them
But not you.
You've never been fooled

I've desired that milk for so long
and for so long, that's all I drank
I wanted a seat for meat on the dinner table
but was too afraid of what that seat means
It meant... 
no going back.

once you cross 
what is expected of you changes
once you cross
what you expect from yourself changes
which is why you prefer to fall from a lower ground
falling from a higher ground might be much too painful
so you plateau
where coming down won't be as steep
and their glances at you less disdainful.

its the same track you run
effortlessly stubborn
telling yourself any change made would be temporary
so why do the necessary?

Yes and it may be a constant race
but constant races change course
runners powering the hills they face
using every force.



















Comments

Popular Posts