I wont forget this date


I checked the kitchen
I checked my parent’s room
My heart raced before opening the door
Only to see the driver standing returning the keys

I felt the stares
I watched as each person was called down
I watched as they dropped their items and returned to their seats smiling ear to ear
I felt more stares
But no one was looking

I came up with reasons
I came up with justifications
It was our first
It can’t possibly end like this
I had to be wrong
Or
Maybe i did something wrong?

Stares became questions
Not just from them
From home
Not just from them and home
From the world
The digital world
The superficial fake world we try to impress

I had faith in you
Hope in you
Love for you
I had hope for us
Expectations raised and lowered to find where you are
Since we are both for us
Love languages
Love languages
Oh how we miscommunicate
Because now the day is gone
and nothing has been done
Alas, I simply wont forget this date.

Comments

Popular Posts