He made my 2016




I am a shy christian girl with good intentions despite how it comes across, a lot to handle but I promise its worth it based on what I carry inside. I care a lot for those in my life , I've been through a lot as well, being vulnerable to hurt is annoying but I closed my eyes to the past and opened my heart to new beginnings and it started with you; My new years gift, instead of a Christmas gift on the 25th, God had it that you started your exchange at the beginning, and we begun on the 25th of January. A day I'll cherish for as long as I live as it was the moment my life changed.

I blog when I feel, Here Demi is a physical copy of what I truly feel for you. If I knew our end I might have not have titled our beginning this way exactly, but nonetheless, even as a friend there are many reasons why I love you and unto that I would add the many more reasons I loved you when we were more than that.

This is something I hope you would never forget because I will never forget what an impact you have been in my life. Through you, i have grown and learn about myself, my weaknesses my faults my self destructive habits that have serious repercussions. Thanks for being the angel of light and love through it all. You came to my life for a reason and I can pinpoint more than just one reason.

I originally wrote our whole story so that when you are an old man you can come back and know exactly how it went down but then I accidentally closed the app and lost all I wrote which hurtttttt , but then I think everything happens for a reason, I wasn't really feeling it and I could Imagine you reading and thinking jeez this is long..kind of like you might be doing right now, so instead I am going to summarize my favourite memories with a reason why I love you at the end. We obviously have many more great memories but I am afraid I will overfill this book, but don't worry, your gift doesn't end here, I will continually send you stuff wherever you are because my care for you is something I hope never ends, and this year has been a year to never forget no matter what happens to us. Please be advised, the dates might be wrong because I have the 'best' memory.

First sight.

They say there is no such thing as love as first sight, but to me I think there's a huge freaking crush at first sight. There you were, the rare specie in my class- a black man. Instantly attracted by the smart yet cool and out of your league vibe you gave off with your sideburns and well combed hair and glasses. I found myself doing the girl-has-a-crush process of making eye contact, being jealous of the girls you talk to (Asian girl I see you) , sitting in front of you, changing my clothes, coming early-ish to class, it felt amazing to have a crush.

 I love you for coming into my life.

First investigation

The chances we were in the same tutorials for the most random classes ever- applications of finance and management science, I'm sorry I don't care what anyone says that's fate.  Seeing your name there instantly means stalking priviledges, it was a shame you didn't have much pictures for me to go on but it was still a nice feeling to want to know more about that cute guy in my class.

 I love you for allowing fate to choose your courses against what your degree would even imagine you would choose.


First interaction:Move to the boys 2016!!!

its funny how all this started with me taking advice from your favourite app - the  twitter world,  to do the 'move to the boys 2016' trend going on. I will always thank our tutorial teacher for making us partner up, and thank you for not leaving me all alone haha, I remember vividly you being unsure of whether to join another group or stay. It also felt great how it turned out we were both bs-ing the class discussion and answering questions unsure of what the topic was really about, I did mine to not play the dumb girl card, its not cute lol plus I really wanted to impress you !! haha you just looked sounded smart answering questions with your deep voice it was hard not to fall. Against the advice of my friends, I remember using the cheesy ass line 'Hi, I've been looking for an excuse to talk to you but I couldn't come up with any so Hi I'm Temi'. Lol I was too love struck by your trey songs type laugh that followed to consider how I came across or if I messed up. Luckily I had not but the obliviousness continued up to the point I even left my phone behind that made you laugh again.

I love you for your laughter, the joy that leaves a little happy boy sparkle in your eyes and finding my weirndness and obliviousness from crushing hard funny.

First disappointment 

haha don't worry I don't mean you, I mean from life. Finding out you were an exchange student was heartbreaking lol I think you figured that out from the expression on my face as soon as you revealed you came from France and you were only here for 1 year. I remember telling myself not to overthink that 1 year is long time, little did I know how fast that flies by. Parting ways outside crystal McMillan, I had to face the upcoming reality.

I love you for speaking another sexy language haha and letting me know ahead of time that our hourglass just turned upside down.

First online chat
This day was amazing!! talking till 3am, sharing videos to one another, me with the move to the boys snapchat and you with telling me Im pretty in french, discovering so much about ourselves and exposing our asses (you and ugochi watching my youtube and me stalking your social media) and all our secret moves to get ourselves to notice each other. I loved how you told me you wanted to make a flipagram when you got in a relationship, you had the music and the app and you were only missing the girl.. <3 That day I knew you were different you were hella real, actual goals, I knew it was the start of an amazing friendship.


I love you for your personality, you're a really really funny guy , love you for your realness too.

First meal together

haha this day was funny, it was the day you discovered that I lowkey paid for our first date, but it felt so nice to me because it was my first time too, and technically I did invite you out as it was my favourite burger joint in town. I loved our talks about our history that day, learning more about your good boy character too also made me fall for you even more, I so badly wanted it to not just be all talk like most guys, and you were about to prove that  it was not just talk to me. At the end of the day I was left with the thought " this could be the start of something new, it feels so right to be here with you"

I love you for your honesty, openness  and being true to yourself.

First time at your place
EW-wing , haha funny now cuz you later moved to Holland, I loved your place so much , it felt like home. I remember going there inbetween our classes, you teaching me management science , me making subtle (not really) hand gestures just so I could get you to make the first move physically. It worked,  I'll never forget the speed at which you grabbed my hand when we were watching a movie and the cheeky smile I did in victory haha. I also loved all the moments we shared at your place, the music especially: tonight, skin tight and igi orombo , vapour, white blood etc will all forever be remembered.

I love you for your random spontaneity

First kiss

Trey songs, we blame you a lot, lets just say that. haha I loved how you jumped off the bed to grab me on the chair, I didnt see it coming and it was amazingg!!. but I think what I appreciated most that day was you proving you're not just talk. You factored in God and my feelings into your decision that day. You didn't take it far because you knew what you stood for and you didn't want to lead me on if you weren't sure you liked me like that. This attitude was something you took to our end, I love you for

I love you for your thought process, considering my feelings and your actions, wish more guys did this.


First real Valentine and I love you

This was the best day ever!..I say that a lot lol.. you made me feel so special! I really fell in love with you from this day, Ill never forget origaming those love notes instead of finishing my coursework lol, and getting the batman jumper you spoke about casually not thinking Ill ever get it  and dairy milk (your fav) as a surprise of hide and seek  and slowdancing together in our room. I also love the line you used to get me to be yours that day, lol unscramble these letters, and then being so funny by trying to be cool, you were such a great guy. Thank you so so so much for Damon, my second comfort when you're not around, thanks for spraying him with your deodorant so your scent is there when I hug him, thank you for your first "I love you" bomb at the end of the phone call, ill never forget how my stomach got so many butterflies that day. Thank you for the plastic rose, I love flowers , and this one I can keep forever as it would never die, thank you for the chocolate too, you know how to win a temi heart, and the beautiful heart felt note.

I love you for you, I love you for the love you shared with me.

First realization of what we were

March 10  lol I cant forget that day, being at pollocks and having dinner with you and amanda and she casually calling you my boyfriend when i was so used to you being my "sheep" based on our facebook inside  joke. Lol the awkward eye contact we gave each other and the later 'talk' we had back at yours when I asked.."what should i say to people", instead of "what are we" (;  lol sorry for putting you on the spot, but you seemed so happy when you said "omg I have a girlfriend" it's kind of hard to want to go back after that, I was happy to have my first real boyfriend that day.

I love you for your excitement and being my sheep up till that moment, nothing changed, you were as sweet as the first day I met you. In fact I would actually say you got even sweeter, you did all you could to never let me down, you were my hero, the guy that showed me not all guys are the same, the one that made me unable to relate to the relationship problem tweets, the one that stayed loyal, the one that didn't want to hurt me. you were the best boyfriend I ever had.

First time at my place

I love our memories at Spylaw, you walking the distance for a few moments with me. meeting my brothers and having them instantly love you. I love attempting to take care of you just because you meant so much, our Ben and Jerry and pizza meals, and my sad breakfast in bed with apple juice attempts. I loved our talks on the coach with the blinds to the balcony drawn back staring at the view. The times you were Ill and ill force you to take lemsip or however they spell it, taking you to the park behind my house after church and  "walking you to the bus stop" ;'), I especially loved our movie nights .

I love you for being my other half, love you for making me feel at home no matter where I am.

First deep talk

I remember we had a couple of deep talks in my place where you told me about high school and I told you about my past, but my favourite was the park at school where we lay under a tree and I told you about me. The deepest parts of me, my fears in life, my weaknesses, academically and naturally, my parents, everything, you listened through it all, supported and motivated me, you were my second rock , God obviously was first haha.

I love you for being there for me.

First time at my church

I think my favourite thing to do was building our faith together, I love how you were open to coming to bruntsfield and meeting everyone in church, but I think the redeemed church I later took you too was the best, despite your reluctance at first, the minute you stepped here ,you couldnt go back, the church loved you, inspired you , taught you , built you, I watched us grow together, I loved our church days out with the gang and how they supported our relationship and wanted to see us grow. I loved the people that visited you at pollocks to check on you. They didnt do this for anyone else but for some reason felt compelled to for you, I love how you learnt so much from the person, finding your purpose in life and becoming an even better you. I love calling you too to pray for you for your academics and your family and you specifically, I believe so much in you, you;re going places. I cant wait to see you at Kothera or Lunadroit someday (;

I love you for seeking God and wanting to build your faith and allowing me to subconsciously want to build mine to support you too.

First Birthday weekend together

THE LEGIT BEST DAY OF MY LIFE lol you're making it hard for my future wedding to top but man man man DEMILADE JOSHUA ENZO DAMON OLOWOSUKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FOR THE 14TH OF OCTOBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.!!1 THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPRISES! thank you for making me shed countless non stop tears of joy at everything, cried instantly when you called me at midnight with our songg seeing the 21 balloon, cried like a big baby at the note you left, cried at the gifts, the shoeeee the swaggged out, stunt on these fellas Adidas shoessssssssssssssssssssss!!, the flowers , the gorgeous please dont die flowers, and the necklace _you placed on my neck that people thought was a ring you were about to propose with haha), in the same manner, I will never take it off. Thank you for making my dreams come trueeeeeeeeee. Thank you for the surprise dinner with all my friends , everything was so perfect. the video Demi ,thank you for the video compilation you and mariah made for me, it touched my soul, I have never been as happy as I had been in my entire life till that day. The weekend of happiness continued unto your birthday, the joy in your face seeing the FIFA 17 and the ps4 from another hide and seek attempt (lmfao I think thats my thing). Honestly I felt even happier than my day because it feels so good when you can make the one you love feel even a piece of what they make you feel, thank you for letting me meet Matthew too, a great guy friend from you , who helped with making this dream come true, you should know he contributed to the FIFA 17 game , I wanted to tell you on a day to surprise you and this seems like the perfect way, you have an amazing friend who loves and cares for you as much as I do so remember to thank him!. I constantly prayed to make you realize how much I loved and cared for you no cost in the world was going to hold me back haha ask my mom :').

I love you Demmmz for being my soulmate (regardless of the status of our relationship) Thank you for your sacrifices to give me the best day of my life, the grant , the pre-planning, everything!, thank you for your heart and your love thank you for being a joy in my life/

First Christmas together

Thanks for being with me till the end. I loved the last moments I got to spend with you and my favourite thing is that it was very simple and us. It was all about cherishing every hour left together rather than doing much. I know I wanted to do so much with you, travelling to Glasgow, going to the beach etc. but I should know that what matters is being with you. We do not have to rush because our story is just beginning. This christmas was fun and heart-warming, lol the surprise , oh look your friends are here photo-shoot at the christmas market, going on the rides, going go-karting outside of Edinburgh and learning we could be professional racers if we wanted to. I love our long bus journeys and napping on your lap and right now we are about to go to Nandos and launch your ps4 later on in the evening which I am sure would be so much fun!..hopefully lol, hope I beat you at the fifa game lmfao.

I love you Demi for never giving up on us.


Final words 

Dear Demi,


I think i fall for you more everyday
you remain my constant crush
non stop in thoughts
non stop smiles in sight
Thanks for being with me to the end. 
Thanks for our friendship and the relationship we had. 

Its hard choosing a favourite memory as we have shared so much , so I would like to say a couple of memories I remember that meant a lot to me in the past months that I can recall right now :

Mariah first meeting the guy I spoke so much about i.e. you haha, and banging the window and you being freaked out lmfao and dealing with her indian phone call pranks and interrogations (whats your shoe size?, got any brothers? ), talking about naruto with my brother, Matthew and Ibironke meeting and squad formation, our long phone calls where we slept on one another, playing the question game at my place, you taking me for my first date out to GBK, and also our dinner date again where you tried your first lasagna , the train ride goodbyes as you went to London, going to work together and getting our paychecks and seeing the sites of Edinburgh on the tour bus and at leith (paycheck place), our breakfasts and dinners at pollocks, talking to your mom and sisters on the phone, barging in on you dancing in your room and vise versa, sharing the bludio beat headphones with you at HR while studying, reading your messages to your friends when you told them first about me, living with you during exam period, me crying over losing you, I remember I cried back in April on my parents bed praying to God that he reveals why you are in my life and that he doesn't let you go.

It became harder to let you go over the year as I believe our love never died. This is extremely rate, and its hard not to fall harder for someone who treats you like you mean the world. I am sorry I broke our unspoken contract of till the end of the year. They say the cupcake phase only lasts a while but I don't think ours ended. I think it was constant no matter the obstacles in our relationship we faced. We found ourselves drawing back together stronger, the little tokens of care e.g. chocolates and meal deals, the holding each other in our arms at the business school in our favourite spots and on your bed, the walking and the holding hands, the non stop stares at one another, the pizzas and kfc's I consume while resting on your lap against your will, our love for skinny girl in transit, crying while looking at how beautiful you are, burying my face in your facial hair haha, watching you comb your hair and check yourself out, supporting each other academically in pods and through shared notes, introducing each other to our friends and siblings as they were family, telling our parents because it felt too real and too good not to mention a positive thing in your life, the kisses in the rain, and our inability to resist one another, our growth in fighting temptation for closeness with God, our naps together and cuddles, our sharing of deep dark secrets of jealousy and being as real as we were when we first met.

 I asked you what you saw me in me, why nothing would push you away as I said in the beginning , I am a lot to handle, but there was what God showed me..A guy who saw my inside, a guy who saw that I was worth it, and you were worth everything, I accepted all parts of you as you did me.


I believe that as you leave me right now
 on your end journey to France
 we will always be together,
 never apart
 maybe in distance 
but never in heart
whether as someone who loves you 
or as just a friend
you're my other half
and I pray it never ends.

Even though we ended this year as friends (and this gift was bought before then so all the photos I designed inside still mean a lot but they apply more to before our friendship), I know God has a purpose for why you're in my life, I know i fell a bit too hard and considered an entire future with you , I know you;re not ready or sure if I am the one you'd want to be with. But I do know one thing, you're still the one to me, but in terms of  the one I will never forget, the one I will always cherish and the one I'm looking forward to seeing again in future. It will happen, this is not the end.

Till we meet again.
<3 Temilade 'Precious' (haha sorry I didnt introduce you with this) Soyoye.

p.s. I seriously deliberated handwriting this but my handwriting is so bad and I don't want you to suffer, please know its personal still and its easier so whoever accidentally sees this doesn't insult my life. I love you Demmmssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss <3 cough..and Damon

The EN...  BEGINNING. :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts