I said Yes.

It was at this moment I knew I truly was not ready
I heard the words I have been wanting to hear
I said yes
but my heart said something else.
I did not understand why it was conflicting with my mind
I did not understand its reasoning
What did it want?

Taking the leap of faith
but also being careful not to attempt crossing a broken bridge
Where did I want to go?
What was I running from?
Who do I talk to?

It felt so good but I was terrified
And I could not pinpoint the reason why
On paper everything was perfect
Does the problem then lie with me?
its scary to give it all once again.
But what was I really giving?

Is it right to give broken pieces to one that wants it whole?
Is it selfish to allow someone else to mend it because you're tired?
Is it possible they might be able to...
If they were that would be amazing
but who does it really benefit

Its wrong
Its wrong to allow it to happen
it would hurt deeply right now but might be best for the future
I don't want to make the same mistake
I want to be sure
I want to give it my all
but not risk it all
There's no point in sharing a jigsaw when I'm the only one that knows how the pieces fit
I should say no...

Comments

Popular Posts