SHOW VS EXPRESS

A real man.

Let me start with the simple definition.
express : to convey or communicate; to make known 
show : to display

Don't be soft
Don't be weak
Don't cry
Don't get so angry easily
Be the man
Be the strong one
Don't let her see you like that.
Who said?


I can feel however I chose to
I am every bit as much a human as you are
yes we may be wired differently
but that applies even individually.

......................................................................

I hear you
and I agree with you
no one is begging you to be tough
in fact, be vulnerable with me.
I want you to want to be vulnerable with me
not because I asked you to
not because you feel like you have to
but because you want to.
release it all.
Please don't carry it on your face
been there done that
its just a shame.

But here we have a boy and a man.

A boy acts tough
carries his emotions on the inside
not even the closest get a glimpse
not for reasons of privacy
not for reasons of judgement
not for reasons of guilt
just because...
because he'd rather hide it all
than let anyone think he is "weak".
his face displays it all.
it shows

A man is tough
bravery is the reason the depth of his emotions reach the surface
bravery is the reason he can let it out
talk about it
share it
receive empathy, not  mere sympathy..empathy
when a man releases that which is within
its indescribable
there's no need to read it on his face
his heart is open wide and his mouth speaks.
communication brings to him a healing the boy would never know
there is a lot of respect for a man who expresses himself.
being vulnerable is risky
find those worth the risk
That's the difference.
Be a man.

Comments

Popular Posts