Home.

Every time I hear your voice
Its like home, as cheesy as that sounds.. its true
the place you can't help but run to
you talk about your day but all I hear is the sound and I cant help but smile
knowing well no other person makes me feel like that.
Picture of us on my phone as you speak
memories rushing like they came from far away
waiting eargerly for a moment like this
I listen in on what you say
every part of it is important
saying what I can to support you
being proud of everything you're accomplishing
I see you becoming the man you were scared to be
The man I knew was in there all along
You did not have the resources at the time to make your dreams come true
you thought the day would never come.
or at least not so soon.
but look
Here we are.
I cant help but smile
and you know?..
its only going to get better
and I want to be there for it all.

I wake up and reality sets in
the idea seems so good
so possible
yet so impossible
and you don't know the extent to which I have thought about it
and I don't know the extent to which you have thought about it
Life has shown me to trust my gut
my gut says no even though my heart says yes.
this time my gut is going to win.
For my sake
For our sake.
But stay on the line.
I want to listen in on what you say
every part of it is important
as cheesy as it sounds
its still home.

Comments

Popular Posts