you live and you learn

From past experiences I have learnt to try to see things from other people's perspective. Watching things I say and things I do by putting myself in their shoes and judging how I would react. Based on past experiences, culture , beliefs, attitudes, early upbringing, values, religion etc. people act different and have different perceptions towards things.

Everyone sees things their own way and perception can become a person's reality and this can lead to misunderstandings.

You want things to go back to normal after what you did. You apologized but failed to recognize fundamentally what you have done wrong. You say what you have learnt but this is just for reassurance and just a general response of what you think i want to hear. I want to actually sit down and talk to you. Lets talk, human to human right? I know people make mistakes, I know you might have thought you were doing the right things. However, what you think might be right from how you perceive it is different from how others perceive it . Weigh the risks before you become destructive in nature.

Sorry hunny, things cant go back to normal so easily. You can expect to say the magic word and have everything reverse in time with no damages, your pumpkin carriage is on planet earth. FACE REALITY. I knew who you were when I met you, yes you do tend to say things without thinking atimes, I accepted that as part of you as a person however you do not understand how if you take it to radical lengths it could potentially damage you, your reputation and future for good and there will be no 'take-backs'..

I was quick to accept your apology as a friend because I know you might have not intended things to go the way they did, however as a friend also i must also incline myself to point out potential attributes that I feel would benefit you if they changed. This wont change who you are as a person, not at all, you are lovely as a person, however it would help you to be more considerate.

Your actions led to a ripple effect that you have not come to realize yet. You look at things from your perspective and his but not mine.. where the most damage has been done. You created a hole in a friendship you were not involved with to begin with; yet you want to come back like the glue...however so far you've only attached yourself to the wrong end of the spectrum where the least damage was done.

Of course he can go back to normal like nothing had happened, because he wasn't the victim, I was. However, I expect him to know how i feel because you again, not too long ago, also put him in the same situation by playing a 'game' you thought at the time was fun , although as per norm, you did not weigh the risks and also caused damage. But hes a tough guy, he can handle the pain and bounce back.. mostly because he barely knew you.. you're new. But what you did to cause things to be awkward between him and I is far more serious because we had been friends for longer. Besides that, there was another girl involved, the other girl in our friendship of three before you came along, who has no idea all this had been going on. Things will be weird between him and I when we are with her because of what almost when on between the two of them,,even if we can fake it, there's no way it wont be at the back of our minds.

It was just one secret I trusted you with.. you were different to the usual friends I had.. more extroverted and i wanted to see how it would go because in a way you were a lot like me.. just more wild.. but now Id probably have to watch what i say to you and hope things all in all will heal 'with time'.

You live and you learn i guess.. hope the same applies to you dear friend..




Comments

Popular Posts